Change Default Database Folder
SUMMARY: Change the default folder that Access 2003 uses to open and store databases.
By default, Microsoft Access 2003 is configured to open and save databases in the user's "My Documents" folder, the same place where other Office 2003 files are located.
For various reasons you may wish Access to look inside another folder, perhaps a network share. Thus, this default can be changed:
1. Open or create a database to enable the "Tools" - "Options" menu.
2. Click "Tools" - "Options".
3. When the "Options" multi-tabbed dialog box appears, click the "General" tab.
4. Underneath "Default database folder", enter the name of the default folder where Access 2003 should open and store databases. Note there is no "Browse" button so be sure to type this path correctly, or copy and paste it from an Explorer window.
5. Click "OK" to close the dialog box.
Return to the Microsoft Access 2003 page.
blog comments powered by Disqus