Run at Windows Startup
SUMMARY: Start Ad-Aware every time your system boots.
If you frequently share your computer among others, especially if they are heavy Internet surfers, you may want to have Ad-Aware automatically run every time Windows starts. This way you can help to ensure no spyware stays on your machine for long.
1. Open Ad-Aware.
2. Click the button that looks like a gear ("Settings").
3. When the Settings dialog opens, click the "General" button.
4. Underneath "Startup & Safety", check the button "Run at Windows start up".
5. Click the "Customize" link to change startup settings. You can have Ad-Aware perform a system scan automatically whenever Windows boots, have it clean files automatically, have Ad-Aware close down after running, and more.
6. Click "Proceed" to close the dialog box.
Return to the Ad-Aware page.
blog comments powered by Disqus