SUMMARY: Fix Internet Explorer home and search pages after cleaning up malware infestations.
In case adware or spyware has changed your default home and/or search pages in Internet Explorer, you can change them back using Ad-Aware. Note that if adware or spyware is still on your system while you make these changes, they may revert back, so be sure to clean your system first.
1. Open Ad-Aware.
2. Click the button that looks like a gear ("Settings").
3. When the settings dialog opens, click the "Defaults" button.
4. Underneath "Default homepage", enter your desired Internet Explorer home page.
5. Underneath "Default searchpage", enter your desired Internet Explorer search page.
6. Or, if desired, click "Read current settings from system" to read in the current Internet Explorer 6 home and search pages, and then make your modifications.
7. Click "Proceed" to close the dialog box and save your settings.
Return to the Ad-Aware page.
The MalekTips website was created in 1998 by Andrew Malek of Envision Programming. The page's goal is to freely disperse computer-related tips, hints, and informative articles. Tips are organized to be easy to find, and are presented clearly, in easy-to-understand language.