SUMMARY: Skin Ad-Aware to match the colors of your favorite game, musical group, or movie.
Tired of the default Ad-Aware blue interface and itching for a new look? Similar to Winamp and various other software packages, Ad-Aware lets you choose a different skin, or interface.
You can skin Ad-Aware in game-themed colors such as Diablo ][ or the Legend of Zelda, movie themes such as The Matrix or Star Wars, music group themes such as Aerosmith or Snoop Dog, colors based on Windows Media Center, and much more.
1. Close Ad-Aware.
2. Visit http://www.adawareskins.com/ with your web browser.
3. Find a skin you like and click the "Download" button to save the skin file to disk.
4. Copy or move the skin's .ASK file to the following folder:
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Personal\skins
5. Restart Ad-Aware.
6. Click the button that looks like a gear ("Settings").
7. When the settings dialog opens, click the "Interface" button.
8. Underneath "Select Skin" choose your downloaded skin.
9. Click "Proceed" to save your settings and apply your new skin.
Return to the Ad-Aware page.
The MalekTips website was created in 1998 by Andrew Malek of Envision Programming. The page's goal is to freely disperse computer-related tips, hints, and informative articles. Tips are organized to be easy to find, and are presented clearly, in easy-to-understand language.