Disable Text and Image Smoothing
SUMMARY: Speed up Adobe Reader 7 on slower computers by disabling text and image smoothing.
Normally, Adobe Reader 7 attempts to smooth the display of text and images inside PDF documents for a more pleasing viewing experience. There may be times, however, where you wish to disable this feature:
* Text / image smoothing can make certain text or images actually harder to read / view.
* You are viewing PDF documents on an older computer or one with less RAM, thus the smoothing causes documents to display even slower.
To disable the smoothing feature:
1. Click "Edit" - "Preferences".
2. When the "Preferences" dialog box appears, click the "Page Display" link.
3. Uncheck "Smooth text", "Smooth line art", and "Smooth images".
4. Click "OK" to close the dialog box.
Return to the Adobe Reader 7 page.
blog comments powered by Disqus