Add Buttons to Scroll to Top and Bottom of Web Pages
SUMMARY: Jump to the top or bottom of web pages browsed in Google Chrome with ease with two shortcut buttons.
While browsing a large web page in Google Chrome, if you need to jump back to the top of the page to use the site's search features, for example, does scrolling back up take too much time? Or, if you need to access site features found in the footer, does it take too long to scroll to the bottom?
While pressing Ctrl+Home or Ctrl+End immediately jump to the top or bottom of the current web page, not everyone remembers these keyboard shortcuts. How about instead have Google Chrome display transparent buttons that, when clicked, perform the same functions? With the "Scroll to Top Button" extension you can add these, plus several customizations are available.
1. From Google Chrome, visit the "Scroll to Top Button" page.
2. Click the "Install" button.
By default, the extension only displays an up arrow as you scroll down a web page, allowing you to jump back to the top of the page (hence the "Scroll to Top Button" name). However, options allow you to add the down arrow, choose a new button design or size, alter the location, and more!
1. Click the wrench button on the toolbar, selecting "Tools" - "Extensions".
2. Underneath "Scroll to Top Button", click the "Options" link.
3. Change options as desired. For example, next to "Button Mode", click the pull-down and choose "Dual Arrows".
Return to the Google Chrome page.
blog comments powered by Disqus