Follow the Wizard When Starting for the First Time
SUMMARY: When running a new copy of CounterSpy, don't just skip the wizard as it can help you perform tasks to protect your system.
After installing CounterSpy and rebooting your machine, double-click the CounterSpy icon to start the software. When you do so for the first time, a wizard will appear. Don't just skip the wizard - it will allow you to:
* Set up automatic definition updates
* Enable Active Protection monitors to detect against potentially suspicious activity
* Decide whether or not you wish to join the ThreatNet community to report spyware threats
* Perform a spyware scan immediately
* Decide whether or not to perform a spyware scan automatically at 2 a.m. every day
Return to the CounterSpy page.
blog comments powered by Disqus