Include or Exclude Domains from Web Searches
SUMMARY: Limit Dogpile searches to websites matching or not matching a particular domain.
When searching the web with Dogpile, there might be times where you wish to only display results from a particular domain, or you wish to exclude a domain from your searches. For example, you may wish to find information about the Microsoft Access database, but only from Microsoft's own website.
1. From Dogpile's main page, make sure the "Web" tab is selected.
2. Click the "Advanced Search" link.
3. Enter your search query next to "All of these words".
4. Click the "Include Domain" radio button to only display results from a particular domain. Click the "Exclude Domain" radio button to exclude a particular domain.
5. Underneath those radio buttons, enter the domain name to include/exclude.
6. Click "Go Fetch!" to perform your search.
7. Your search results should appear. Note that you can click the "Advanced Search [Edit]" link underneath the search bar to tweak your search, if desired.
Return to the Dogpile Search page.
blog comments powered by Disqus