SUMMARY: Choose from several underline styles in an Excel 2010 workbook.
It's simple to underline text in Microsoft Excel 2010 - either press the CTRL + U keys or press the U button in the Font section of the "Home" tab in the Ribbon. However, you may not know that a couple of other underline styles are available besides the single basic underline, such as styles that underline everything except currency symbols. See the screenshot on the right for an example.
1. Select a cell you want to underline in a different style. Note that you can only apply one underline style per cell.
2. Click the "Home" tab in the Ribbon. In the "Font" section, click the button at the bottom-right to open the "Font" tab of the "Format Cells" dialog box. Or you can press CTRL + SHIFT + F.
3. When the dialog box appears, click the pull-down underneath "Underline" to choose from the following styles:
* Single Accounting - Underline everything except currency symbols
* Double Accounting - Double underline everything except currency symbols
4. Click "OK" to save your changes.
Return to the Microsoft Excel 2010 page.
The MalekTips website was created in 1998 by Andrew Malek of Envision Programming. The page's goal is to freely disperse computer-related tips, hints, and informative articles. Tips are organized to be easy to find, and are presented clearly, in easy-to-understand language.