SUMMARY: Addictive Typing Lessons may help your typing speed with a variety of drills.
Do you know how to touch-type but your speed is more like that of one who hunts and pecks? Does it take many minutes to key in comments or a FaceBook profile? If so, you may just need some typing practice. And the "Addictive Typing Lessons" add-on for Mozilla Firefox can help.
This add-on provides 26 types of lessons, everything from mastering a few keys to typing complete sentences to words combined with a variety of punctuation characters. Plus, you can even create your own lessons. Your WPM (words per minute) or CPM (characters per minute) is recorded along with your average and best speeds, mistakes made, and time spent in the extension.
1. Visit the following page from within Firefox:
* Addictive Typing Lessons
2. Click the "Add to Firefox" button.
3. The "Software Installation" dialog box will eventually appear. Click "Install Now" as soon as the button is enabled.
4. Once the add-on has installed, click the "Restart Firefox" button. Depending on your configuration, Firefox may note that it will try to restart your windows and tabs.
5. When Firefox restarts, click the new keyboard icon in the status bar to begin the drills. The add-on defaults to drills involving the "F" and "J" keys; click the "1 f j" pull-down to choose from other drills when desired.
Return to the Mozilla Firefox - Plugins and Extensions page.
The MalekTips website was created in 1998 by Andrew Malek of Envision Programming. The page's goal is to freely disperse computer-related tips, hints, and informative articles. Tips are organized to be easy to find, and are presented clearly, in easy-to-understand language.