SUMMARY: ColorfulTabs adds colors to Firefox tabs, allowing you to choose presets depending on the domain.
The FabTabs plugin for Mozilla Firefox causes the browser to automatically add colors to tabs based on the dominant colors used in webpages. Another option to instantly add colors to tabs is the ColorfulTabs plug-in, which at the time this tip was written has been downloaded over 10 million (!) times.
1. Visit the following page from within Firefox:
2. Click the "Add to Firefox" button.
3. The "Software Installation" dialog box will eventually appear. Click "Install Now" as soon as the button is enabled.
4. Once the add-on has installed, click the "Restart Firefox" button. Depending on your configuration, Firefox may note that it will try to restart your windows and tabs.
Once Firefox has restarted, a quick-start page appears in the browser and you should notice your tabs are now colored. While this page offers tips and documentation, to begin tweaking the software, just do the following:
* To change a tab color, right-click a tab and choose "ColorfulTabs" - "Tab Color". A popup appears where you can select the color visually, or enter a hex or RGB color code.
* To change other options, right-click a tab and choose "ColorfulTabs" - "Options".
From here a "Colorful Tabs Options" dialog box appears, letting you change options such as:
- Adding a background image to tabs
- Color fading and highlighting the current tab
- Coloring scheme
- Fine-tune color saturation and luminance for random coloring
- Give particular domains a color preset
Press the "print" button on your browser or select "File" - "Print" to print this tip. Then, return to Mozilla Firefox - Plugins and Extensions - Another Way to Add Color to Firefox Tabs
Standard disclaimer applies - read http://malektips.com/disclaim.html