Keep the Status Bar Visible When Viewing Sites in Full Screen
SUMMARY: If you find Firefox's status bar useful and miss it when displaying websites in full screen mode, this extension can keep it visible.
Mozilla Firefox has a full screen mode, allowing you to hide the menu bar, toolbars, tab bar, and operating system-specific elements such as the Windows taskbar. However, full screen mode also hides the status bar. Many people find the status bar useful in that one can hover over hyperlinks to see destination URLs. A lock in the status bar signifies the currently visited site is using secure HTTP. Plus, add-ons may have icons in the status bar. Since full screen mode disables this bar, all of these features are unusable when viewing sites in full screen...
At least they would be without the "Full Screen Status Bar" extension that keeps the status bar visible even when you browse websites in full screen mode. To install this add-on:
1. Visit the following page from within Firefox:
2. Click the "Add to Firefox" button.
3. The "Software Installation" dialog box will eventually appear. Click "Install Now" as soon as the button is enabled.
4. Once the add-on has installed, click the "Restart Firefox" button. Depending on your configuration, Firefox may note that it will try to restart your windows and tabs.
5. Once Firefox has restarted, browse to a website and press F11 to access full screen mode. The status bar should remain onscreen.
Return to the Mozilla Firefox - Plugins and Extensions page.
blog comments powered by Disqus