SUMMARY: Quickly zoom in or out of web pages browsed in Firefox with the Zoom toolbar add-on.
Do you frequently zoom in or out of web pages when browsing the web with Mozilla Firefox using keyboard shortcuts, but wish there were buttons that let you do the same easier from the toolbar? Now you can add such buttons with the "Zoom toolbar" add-on.
1. Visit the following page from within Firefox:
2. Click the "Add to Firefox" button.
3. The "Software Installation" dialog box will eventually appear. Click "Install Now" as soon as the button is enabled.
4. Once the add-on has installed, click the "Restart Firefox" button. Depending on your configuration, Firefox may note that it will try to restart your windows and tabs.
Once Firefox has restarted you should see three new toolbar buttons to zoom in, zoom out, or reset the zoom.
Depending on your configuration and other installed add-ons these buttons may not appear automatically. To fix this:
1. Select the "View" menu.
2. Select "Toolbars", then "Customize".
3. The "Customize Toolbar" dialog box appears. Drag the zoom toolbar buttons to the Firefox toolbar.
4. Close the "Customize Toolbar" dialog box.
Return to the Mozilla Firefox - Plugins and Extensions page.
The MalekTips website was created in 1998 by Andrew Malek of Envision Programming. The page's goal is to freely disperse computer-related tips, hints, and informative articles. Tips are organized to be easy to find, and are presented clearly, in easy-to-understand language.