Stop Remembering Passwords
SUMMARY: Increase your privacy by preventing Mozilla Firefox from remembering website passwords.
By default, Mozilla Firefox is setup to ask you to remember passwords when it recognizes you entering them in websites. This way, you do not need to remember and reenter passwords when you revisit those sites. However, if you find this a privacy or security risk (especially if you share your computer with others or are on a public workstation) you can configure Firefox to turn off this feature.
1. Click "Tools" - "Options".
2. When the "Options" dialog box appears, click "Security".
3. Click the "Saved Passwords" button.
4. A "Saved Passwords" dialog box appears. If any passwords are present, click "Remove All". Then hit "Close" to close this dialog box.
5. Uncheck "Remember passwords for sites".
6. Click "OK" to close the dialog box.
Return to the Mozilla Firefox - Security and Privacy page.
blog comments powered by Disqus