Change Your Name When Sending E-Mail
SUMMARY: Use a nickname or your business name when sending e-mail from Gmail.
Normally when you send e-mail from Gmail, your e-mail's "From" name is the name you used to sign up for the service. However, if you'd rather use the name of your business or your favorite nickname, you can make this change.
1. After signing onto Gmail, click "Settings" on the top-right of the Gmail webpage.
2. When the "Mail Settings" page appears, click "Accounts and Import".
3. Next to "Send mail as", click "edit info".
4. A new window "Gmail - Edit email address" should appear. Next to "Name" you should see a radio button with your username in Google accounts. Underneath is a radio button next to a text box. Click that radio button, then click inside the text box and enter your desired name.
5. Click "Save Changes" to close the new window. The "Settings" page should reflect your desired name.
Return to the Google Gmail page.
blog comments powered by Disqus