SUMMARY: For privacy, clear the data Google Chrome stores regarding your browsing history.
Even though Google Chrome supports "Incognito" browsing where history information is not kept and cookies are removed after browsing (press CTRL + SHIFT + N to open an "Incognito" window), you might accidentally forget to use this mode. You might also wish to remember cookies for a few hours while checking e-mail, chatting on social networking, or accessing your bank account online, then later decide to clear your tracks for privacy.
Google Chrome supports a feature where without the use of any extensions, you can clear browsing and download histories, the cache, cookies, Flash cookies, saved passwords, saved form data, and/or other details.
1. Open a new tab (press CTRL + T).
2. Click on the menu icon at the top-right of the Chrome window, selecting the "Settings" option. You can alternatively type chrome://settings into the address bar and press Enter.
3. When the "Settings" tab appears, choose "Show advanced settings" (you may have to scroll down), then underneath "Privacy", click the "Clear browsing data" button. You can alternatively enter Privacy into the "Search settings" box and then click the aforementioned button.
4. A "Clear Browsing Data" popup dialog appears. Check entries you want cleared and remove the checkboxes from items you wish to keep.
* Browsing history
* Download history
* Cookies and other site and plug-in data (such as Flash cookies)
* Cached images and files
* Autofill form data
* Hosted app data
* Content licenses
5. Next to "Obliterate the following items from", click the pull-down to choose whether you would like data cleared from just the past hour, day, week, last four weeks, or the beginning of time.
6. Once you are sure of your selections, click the "Clear Browsing Data" button to clear your data.
7. When done, close the "Settings" tab.
Return to the Google Chrome page.
The MalekTips website was created in 1998 by Andrew Malek of Envision Programming. The page's goal is to freely disperse computer-related tips, hints, and informative articles. Tips are organized to be easy to find, and are presented clearly, in easy-to-understand language.