Stop Confirmation Dialogs When Fixing or Ignoring Items
SUMMARY: Expert users - keep annoying dialogs from appearing whenever you fix or ignore items in HijackThis.
By default, HijackThis will ask you for confirmation whenever you fix or ignore items after a scan. This is to help prevent you from making mistakes. However, if you are an expert user and tire of these dialogs, you can run HijackThis 'without a net' and hide the dialog boxes.
1. Start HijackThis. If the "New users quickstart" screen appears, click "None of the above, just start the program".
2. Click the "Config" button.
3. When the "Configuration" screen appears, click the "Main" button if it is not already highlighted.
4. Uncheck "Confirm fixing & ignoring of items (safe mode)".
5. Close and restart HijackThis.
Now, when you fix or ignore an item, the action should occur immediately, without a prompt. If you later wish to bring these safety dialogs back, perform the above steps but check the box "Confirm fixing & ignoring of items (safe mode)".
Return to the HijackThis page.
blog comments powered by Disqus