Handle how Pop-Up Windows are Opened
SUMMARY: Determine how pop-up windows are opened in Internet Explorer 7.
Unless configured to not open windows at all, Internet Explorer 7 can be configured to open most pop-up windows in three ways: as determined by the web browser, in a new window, or in a new tab.
Note that In-page pop-ups and some pop-up windows may still not be handled the desired way, just as the pop-up blocker is not 100% guaranteed to block all pop-up windows.
To change this configuration option:
1. Click on the "Tools" button in the toolbar, selecting "Internet Options".
2. When the "Internet Options" dialog box appears, select the "General" tab.
3. Underneath "Tabs" click "Settings".
4. Underneath "When a pop-up is encountered", choose the radio button next to your desired action.
5. Click "OK" on the dialog boxes to close them.
Return to the Internet Explorer 7 Tabbed Browsing page.
blog comments powered by Disqus