Enable or Disable All Browser Extensions
SUMMARY: Configure whether or not to use browser extensions in Internet Explorer 7.
One way to help mitigate the problems of a spyware infection is to disable third-party browser extensions in Internet Explorer 7. This way, toolbars and other add-on options cannot run (unless spyware modifies this setting).
The downside is that if you have installed legitimate third-party toolbars such as the Google or Yahoo! Toolbar, disabling third-party extensions will prevent these from running as well. Disabling browser extensions may also prevent viewing certain types of content from within Internet Explorer.
To configure this option:
1. Click on the "Tools" button in the toolbar, selecting "Internet Options".
2. When the "Internet Options" dialog box appears, select the "Advanced" tab.
3. Underneath "Browsing", check or uncheck "Enable third-party browser extensions" as desired.
4. Click "OK" to close the dialog box.
5. Restart Internet Explorer 7 for the settings to take effect.
Return to the Internet Explorer 7 Misc page.
blog comments powered by Disqus