SUMMARY: Internet Explorer underlines hyperlinks by default. Learn how to change this setting.
Unless a website specifies otherwise, Internet Explorer 7 underlines hyperlinks. While many people find this helpful in differentiating plain from clickable text, others may rather either not underline hyperlinks, or underline hyperlinks only when the mouse hovers over them.
To change this setting:
1. Click on the "Tools" button in the toolbar, selecting "Internet Options".
2. When the "Internet Options" dialog box appears, select the "Advanced" tab.
3. Underneath "Browsing", click one of the radio buttons underneath "Underline links" as desired:
* Always - underline hyperlinks
* Hover - only underline hyperlinks when the mouse pointer hovers over them
* Never - never underline hyperlinks
Note that some websites may override this setting for some or all hyperlinks.
4. When done, click "OK" to close the dialog box.
Return to the Internet Explorer 7 Misc page.
The MalekTips website was created in 1998 by Andrew Malek of Envision Programming. The page's goal is to freely disperse computer-related tips, hints, and informative articles. Tips are organized to be easy to find, and are presented clearly, in easy-to-understand language.