Have Multiple Home Pages but Open Only One at Startup
SUMMARY: Configure Internet Explorer 8 to show multiple web pages when clicking the "Home" button, but only show the first one when starting the browser.
Internet Explorer 8 lets you have multiple home pages in case you have a group of web pages you frequently open. However you may not want all of them available immediately when opening the browser. Instead, you can open just one home page, yet have the others available if you click the "Home" button.
To enable multiple home pages:
1. Access the Internet Options dialog box. If the menu bar is visible, you can select "Tools" - "Internet Options". If the Command Bar is visible, click the "Tools" button and select "Internet Options". If neither are available, try typing Alt + T then O.
2. When the "Internet Options" multi-tabbed dialog box appears, make sure the "General" tab is selected.
3. Underneath "Home page", enter each home page you wish to use on separate lines (press Enter after typing each URL).
To open only one home page by default:
4. Underneath "Tabs", click the "Settings" button.
5. Check "Open only the first home page when Internet Explorer starts".
6. Click "OK" on the dialog boxes to close them.
Return to the Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 page.
blog comments powered by Disqus