Stop Showing the New Tab Page!
SUMMARY: When creating a new tab inside Internet Explorer 9, show a blank page instead of the default New Tab page that lists your most popular sites.
When you open a new tab inside Windows Internet Explorer 9 such as by pressing CTRL + T or clicking the "New Tab" icon that appears when you hover to the right of your pre-existing tabs, you are shown a page displaying your most visited web sites. This "New Tab" page also lets you re-open closed tabs or reopen the last session (if applicable), initiate InPrivate Browsing, and access a Suggested Sites feature.
While clicking the "Hide sites" link near the bottom of this page hides your list of popular sites, what if you want to do away with this page altogether and just see a blank space appear whenever you create a new tab?
1. Press Alt+T then O to access Internet Explorer's options. You may optionally use the Menu Bar, or click the gears ("Tools") icon, then choose "Internet options".
2. The "Internet Options" dialog box appears. Make sure the "General" tab is selected.
3. Next to "Tabs", click the "Settings" button.
4. The "Tabbed Browsing Settings" dialog box appears. Click the pull-down underneath "When a new tab is opened, open" and select "A blank page".
5. Click "OK" on the dialog boxes to close them.
Return to the Windows Internet Explorer 9 page.
blog comments powered by Disqus