Partially Disable Website Browsing History for Privacy
SUMMARY: Partially disable the history list of previously-viewed websites in Internet Explorer 7.
By default, Internet Explorer 7 keeps tracks of the most-recent websites you have visited through a website history function. Though you can clear the website browsing history from time to time, what if you want to permanently disable this feature?
If you share your computer with others and/or are concerned about privacy, here's how to partially disable Internet Explorer 7's history functionality. Note that I said 'partially'. Internet Explorer 7 will still remember websites you have visited today; it will clear such sites tomorrow, and so forth.
Either view the movie or read the instructions below.
1. Click the "Tools" menu selecting "Internet Options".
2. When the multi-tabbed "Internet Options" dialog box appears, click the "General" tab.
3. Underneath "Browsing history" click the "Settings" button.
4. A "Temporary Internet Files and History Settings" dialog box will appear. Next to "Days to keep pages in history" enter "0".
5. Click "OK" on the dialog boxes to close them.
Return to the Internet Explorer 7 Misc page.
blog comments powered by Disqus