SUMMARY: Configure Internet Explorer 7 to either display pictures or save time browsing the web by hiding graphics.
If you browse the web with Internet Explorer 7 on a dial-up connection, or if you're browsing a website that appears particularly slow, you may wish to prevent the browser from taking time loading and displaying images. Doing so will display boxes where images are supposed to appear in a web page, as can be seen in the below screenshot:
Likewise, if for some reason Internet Explorer 7 is not displaying images on websites and you want pictures to be displayed, you can turn this feature back on.
1. From Internet Explorer 7, click the "Tools" button.
2. Select "Internet Options".
3. When the "Internet Options" multi-tabbed dialog box appears, click the "Advanced" tab.
4. Scroll down to "Multimedia" and check or uncheck "Show pictures" as desired. Refer to the below screenshot.
5. Click "OK" to close the dialog box.
NOTE that this option only disables picture viewing when pictures are referenced normally in the source webpage. Images loaded from scripts, Flash animations, Java applets, etc., may not be affected by this configuration option.
Return to the Internet Explorer 7 Misc page.
The MalekTips website was created in 1998 by Andrew Malek of Envision Programming. The page's goal is to freely disperse computer-related tips, hints, and informative articles. Tips are organized to be easy to find, and are presented clearly, in easy-to-understand language.