Email Photos at Original or Smaller Sizes
SUMMARY: E-mail photos managed in Windows Live Photo Gallery 2011, choosing to send them as bandwidth-hogging originals or reduced sizes.
Want to e-mail your friends, family, co-workers, etc. copies of some of your photos? It's easy to do so via Windows Live Photo Gallery 2011. If desired, the software can resize photos smaller to save space and bandwidth. Note that this method requires you use client e-mail software, such as Microsoft Outlook.
1. Place checkmarks next to photos you wish to e-mail; hover over a photo for the checkbox to be available. As you check photos you will see them highlighted and bordered.
2. Click the "Home" tab in the Ribbon.
3. In the "Share" section, click the "Email" button.
4. The "Preparing files" dialog box appears. Choose from one of the provided sizes:
* Smaller: 640 x 480
* Small: 800 x 600
* Medium: 1024 x 768
* Large: 1280 x 1024
* Original size
As you choose a visual size, the dialog box will provide an estimate of the total size of attached photos.
5. Click the "Attach" button. Your default e-mail software should open, a new message created, and the files attached to the message.
Return to the Windows Live Photo Gallery 2011 page.
blog comments powered by Disqus