Include / Exclude Folders, Watching for New Photos and Videos
SUMMARY: Configure Windows Live Photo Gallery 2011 to keep track of new photos and videos in folders of your choosing, or to forget looking at certain folders that are no longer used.
While Windows Live Photo Gallery 2011 starts up looking at your main Pictures and Videos folders such as "Public Pictures" and "Public Videos", you may have multimedia stored in other folders. You can configure Photo Gallery to keep track of images and videos stored in these other folders when you add / edit / remove multimedia.
Likewise, if you have folders configured to be watched in Photo Gallery that are no longer used, it is easy to "forget" changes in said folders, removing all links to included multimedia from the gallery. Note that this does not remove the files themselves, just links to them from the gallery.
To include a folder in the Gallery:
1. Click the menu button near the top-left of the Gallery window.
2. Select "Include folder" from the pop-up menu.
Or, just press Alt + F then F.
3. The "Include a Folder in the Gallery" dialog box appears. Navigate your computer to find the folder you wish to include, then click "OK".
4. A dialog will appear stating that the software may run slower while files are imported. You should only notice this if you have a large number of multimedia in the included folder. Click "Don't show this message again" if desired, then click "OK" to close the dialog box.
You should now see the included folder in the list on the left side of the window, with the included files shown in the thumbnails on the right.
To remove a folder from the Gallery:
1. Right-click a folder name in the folder list.
2. Choose "Remove from the gallery" from the pop-up menu that appears.
3. The "Remove folder from the gallery" dialog box appears. Click "Yes" when prompted.
Return to the Windows Live Photo Gallery 2011 page.
blog comments powered by Disqus