View File Details in the Gallery View
SUMMARY: Show image and movie file names, dates, sizes, image sizes, ratings, and/or captions in Windows Live Photo Gallery 2011.
For a cleaner display, Windows Live Photo Gallery 2011 does not by default show file details when in the Gallery View. However, it is possible to display file names, sizes, dates taken or modified, image sizes, ratings, captions, or you can enable a view showing most of the above. Here are two ways to view such information:
1. Right-click on an empty area in the Gallery view.
2. Select "View" from the pop-up menu that appears.
3. Select from one of the following options:
* Thumbnails with date taken
* Thumbnails with date modified
* Thumbnails with file size
* Thumbnails with image size
* Thumbnails with rating
* Thumbnails with caption
* Thumbnails with file name
The last option, "Details", changes the view so that fewer photos are visible onscreen simultaneously, but showing all the aforementioned details (except for date modified - the date taken is shown).
Another way to toggle these views:
1. Select the "View" tab in the Ribbon.
2. In the "Show details" section, click on one of the following options:
* File name
* File size
* Date taken
* Image size
* Date modified
Or, select "All details" to show all the aforementioned information (except again for the date modified - the date taken is shown).
Return to the Windows Live Photo Gallery 2011 page.
blog comments powered by Disqus