Tired of the Default Download Location? Change It!
SUMMARY: Configure Opera to ask you to download files to a different folder by default, such as on a separate hard drive or partition.
While browsing the web with Opera, when you download files are you tired of the default location where the browser tries to store them, such as your "My Documents" folder? Perhaps you have a different folder, partition, or hard drive where you want file downloads placed. Changing this default location is easy:
1. Click the "Tools" menu, selecting "Preferences". Or press Ctrl + F12
2. When the "Preferences" multi-tabbed dialog box appears, click the "Advanced" tab.
3. On the left side of the "Preferences" dialog box, select "Downloads".
4. On the right side of the dialog box, underneath "Download Folder", either enter your desired path or click the "Choose" button to choose a folder visually by navigating your computer's file system.
5. When done, click "OK" on the "Preferences" dialog box to close it.
Return to the Opera page.
blog comments powered by Disqus