SUMMARY: Startup Outlook 2007 in a different e-mail folder instead of your Inbox.
Depending on your needs, you can configure Microsoft Outlook 2007 to start in a different folder than your e-mail Inbox. For example, you may have a filter setup to sort e-mail from your boss in a high-priority folder that should be read first.
1. Select "Tools" - "Options".
2. The "Options" multi-tabbed dialog box appears. Click the "Other" tab.
3. Underneath "General", click the "Advanced Options" button.
4. The "Advanced Options" dialog box appears. Next to "Startup in this folder", click the "Browse" button.
5. A list of folders appears. Click your desired startup folder, then click "OK" on the dialog boxes to close them.
Return to the Microsoft Outlook 2007 page.
The MalekTips website was created in 1998 by Andrew Malek of Envision Programming. The page's goal is to freely disperse computer-related tips, hints, and informative articles. Tips are organized to be easy to find, and are presented clearly, in easy-to-understand language.