SUMMARY: Instead of displaying your Inbox when opening Outlook 2010, view a different folder instead.
When opening Microsoft Outlook 2010 you are immediately presented with a view of your Inbox. Depending on your work habits or needs, you might find the Calendar the first thing you want to view when you start your day. Or, you might have important electronic mail automatically filtered to a different folder and want to view that information first.
1. Select the "File" tab in the Ribbon.
2. The Microsoft Office Backstage View appears. Click the "Options" button.
(Or instead of steps 1 and 2, press Alt + F, then the letter T.)
3. The "Outlook Options" dialog box appears. Click "Advanced" in the left pane.
4. In the "Outlook start and exit" section, click the "Browse" button next to "Start Outlook in this folder".
5. The "Select Folder" dialog box appears. Choose your desired Outlook 2010 starting folder.
6. Click "OK" to close the dialog boxes.
Return to the Microsoft Outlook 2010 page.
The MalekTips website was created in 1998 by Andrew Malek of Envision Programming. The page's goal is to freely disperse computer-related tips, hints, and informative articles. Tips are organized to be easy to find, and are presented clearly, in easy-to-understand language.