Start Outlook in the Calendar or other Folder
SUMMARY: Instead of displaying your Inbox when opening Outlook 2010, view a different folder instead.
When opening Microsoft Outlook 2010 you are immediately presented with a view of your Inbox. Depending on your work habits or needs, you might find the Calendar the first thing you want to view when you start your day. Or, you might have important electronic mail automatically filtered to a different folder and want to view that information first.
1. Select the "File" tab in the Ribbon.
2. The Microsoft Office Backstage View appears. Click the "Options" button.
(Or instead of steps 1 and 2, press Alt + F, then the letter T.)
3. The "Outlook Options" dialog box appears. Click "Advanced" in the left pane.
4. In the "Outlook start and exit" section, click the "Browse" button next to "Start Outlook in this folder".
5. The "Select Folder" dialog box appears. Choose your desired Outlook 2010 starting folder.
6. Click "OK" to close the dialog boxes.
Return to the Microsoft Outlook 2010 page.
blog comments powered by Disqus