Change 15 Minute Default Reminder Time
SUMMARY: Configure Outlook 2010 when it reminds you and others about upcoming appointments.
When creating appointments or meetings in Microsoft Outlook 2010, while reminder times can be set on a per-appointment basis, the default is to display a reminder 15 minutes before the actual event is to occur.
You or the attendees may find that 15 minutes is not enough time for a reminder, wanting to allow for time to finish up an e-mail or tweet, take a bathroom break, etc. Alternatively, you might find that 15 minutes is too much time, believing that no time is more productive than the last minute, and wish to provide reminders closer to the event time.
1. Select the "File" tab in the Ribbon.
2. The Microsoft Office Backstage View appears. Click the "Options" button.
(Or instead of steps 1 and 2, press Alt + F, then the letter T.)
3. The "Outlook Options" dialog box appears. Click "Calendar" in the left pane.
4. Underneath "Calendar options", make sure "Default reminders" is checked. Click the pull-down to the right and change the default reminder time. You can choose from 0 minutes to 2 weeks.
5. Click "OK" on the dialog box when done to close it and save your new settings.
Return to the Microsoft Outlook 2010 page.
blog comments powered by Disqus