How Much Hard Drive Space is Used by Folders?
SUMMARY: Running out of hard drive space? Find out how much room is taken by a folder and all its subfolders in Outlook 2010.
If you're running out of room on your hard drive, it might prove useful to see how much room is taken up by e-mail contained inside folders in Microsoft Outlook 2010. This way you can determine if you need to clean up some of your folders, perhaps backing up old yet important e-mail to external media.
1. In the Navigation Pane, right-click a folder to examine and choose "Properties" from the pop-up menu.
1. In the Navigation Pane, click on a folder to examine. Then, click the "Folder" tab in the Ribbon and click "Folder Properties" in the "Properties" section.
2. The "Properties" dialog box appears. Click the "General" tab if it is not already selected.
3. Click the "Folder Size" button.
4. The "Folder Size" dialog box appears, showing you the folder size including and excluding subfolders. Subfolders (if any) are then listed along with their sizes.
5. Click "Close" to close the "Folder Size" dialog box, then click "OK" to close the "Properties" dialog box.
Return to the Microsoft Outlook 2010 page.
blog comments powered by Disqus