SUMMARY: Configure Picasa to store imported photos in a different folder by default.
When you import photos into Picasa from a digital camera, scanner, or other media, a dialog box appears offering to store the imported files in your "My Pictures" folder. You can easily create a subdirectory underneath, if desired.
If you have a secondary hard drive or partition where photos are stored, or if you have another directory besides the "My Pictures" folder where you normally keep images, you might rather have Picasa default to said drive / directory. You can change this by doing the following:
1. Select "Tools" - "Options".
2. When the "Options" multi-tabbed dialog box appears, make sure the "General" tab is selected.
3. Underneath "Save Imported Pictures In", click the "Browse" button.
4. A standard "Browse For Folder" dialog appears. Choose the folder you wish to use as the base folder for imported photos and click the "OK" button.
5. Click "OK" to close the "Options" dialog box.
Return to the Picasa page.
The MalekTips website was created in 1998 by Andrew Malek of Envision Programming. The page's goal is to freely disperse computer-related tips, hints, and informative articles. Tips are organized to be easy to find, and are presented clearly, in easy-to-understand language.