SUMMARY: Remove the black, blank slide that PowerPoint 2010 adds to the end of slideshows.
After displaying a slide show, Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 ends with a black, blank slide with the text "End of slide show, click to exit". Presumably, the reason for this is that slide shows may be shown on a projector or larger monitor. After a slide show is finished, you can use the black slide to "cut the feed" so participants will not see the raw slides in PowerPoint as well as your Desktop, Taskbar, etc.
If you do not care about your participants seeing these things, you might find this ending slide annoying and wish to just exit straight from a slide show back into the PowerPoint application. To remove this ending slide, do the following:
1. Select the "File" tab in the Ribbon.
2. The Microsoft Office Backstage View appears. Click the "Options" button.
(Or instead of steps 1 and 2, press Alt + T, then the letter O.)
3. The "PowerPoint Options" dialog box appears. Click "Advanced" in the left pane.
4. Underneath "Slide Show" (you may have to scroll down to see this section), uncheck "End with black slide".
5. Click "OK" on the bottom-right of the dialog box to close it.
Return to the Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 page.
The MalekTips website was created in 1998 by Andrew Malek of Envision Programming. The page's goal is to freely disperse computer-related tips, hints, and informative articles. Tips are organized to be easy to find, and are presented clearly, in easy-to-understand language.