Automatically Fit Text Inside a Text Box
SUMMARY: Force text to fit inside its surrounding text box in Publisher 2007.
While Microsoft Publisher 2007 supports overflow text and text box linking, allowing text that won't fit inside one text box to flow to another one, depending on your document formatting this might not be a plausible solution. In these cases, unless you can reduce the amount of text inside the box, you may have to adjust the text formatting such as its spacing or font size to fit the text inside the box.
Instead of adjusting and readjusting text, Publisher 2007 has a feature that can automatically resize text to fit inside its box. You can force text to fit inside the current text box size or mark a text box so that whenever it is resized, the text size automatically adjusts for a best fit.
1. Click inside a text box that contains overflow text.
2. Select "Format" - "AutoFit Text".
3. Select one of the three options:
* (default) Do Not Autofit - Do not automatically adjust the text size.
* Best Fit - When you resize the text box, this automatically adjusts the font size so the text fits inside the box.
* Shrink Text on Overflow - Shrinks the text inside the box if there is any overflow text.
Return to the Microsoft Publisher 2007 page.
blog comments powered by Disqus