SUMMARY: Add a stylized drop cap to the beginning of a paragraph in a Publisher 2007 document.
To add a little pizzazz to your newsletter, brochure, invitation, or other Microsoft Publisher 2007 document, you can add a drop cap to text. This is a stylized and usually larger first letter or two of a line or paragraph of text.
1. Click inside a text box where you want to add the drop cap, but do not select all text in the box.
2. Select the "Format" menu, choosing "Drop Cap".
3. The "Drop Cap" dialog box appears. From here, you can select an available drop cap and click "OK", or click "Remove" to get rid of an existing drop cap.
4. If none of the available drop caps appeal to you, create your own. Click the "Custom Drop Cap" tab and you can customize the following:
* Letter position and size
* Lines to drop
* Size of drop cap letter(s)
* Number of letters to drop
* Font, style, and color of drop cap letter(s)
After creating a custom drop cap, click "OK" to close the dialog box.
Return to the Microsoft Publisher 2007 page.
The MalekTips website was created in 1998 by Andrew Malek of Envision Programming. The page's goal is to freely disperse computer-related tips, hints, and informative articles. Tips are organized to be easy to find, and are presented clearly, in easy-to-understand language.