Change Font Smoothing
SUMMARY: Change the amount of smoothing Safari performs on text to increase legibility.
Similar to some other web browsers, Safari for Windows includes technology to smooth the display of on-screen fonts to help increase text legibility.
However, Safari takes font smoothing a step further and lets you adjust the amount of smoothing you wish to perform instead of using Windows default settings. Depending on your monitor type and preferences, experimenting with these settings may create pleasing results:
1. Click the gears / settings button at the top-right of the Safari window.
2. Select "Preferences" from the pop-up menu. You can also press CTRL + , to access Safari Preferences.
3. When the Preferences dialog box appears, click the "Appearance" button.
4. Next to "Font smoothing", click the pull-down to choose from one of the following options. If you use the mouse instead of the keyboard when choosing these options, clicking one should immediately affect the dialog box and any currently-browsed web pages, letting you instantly see if you like how the change looks:
* Best for CRT
* Medium - best for Flat Panel
* Windows Standard
5. When done, click the "X" at the top-right of the Preferences dialog box to close it.
Return to the Safari for Windows page.
blog comments powered by Disqus