SUMMARY: Screenshot Captor for Windows supports multiple types of screen and region captures, as well as image editing features post-capture including adding frames and shadows.
Screenshot Captor is a screen capture program for Windows 9x and up. The software allows for workspace (multi-monitor), screen, active window, and selected or fixed-sized region captures, and contains options to capture a windows object or Screenshot Captor itself. The mouse cursor can also be captured, a feature lagging in many screen capture software packages.
Post-capture, an editor is available allowing you to perform an impressive number of options including adding a shadow, border, or decorative frame or edge around the image; blurring an area inside or outside a region to focus attention on a part of the screen capture; and resizing and cropping the image. You can also add text, rectangles, arrows, clip-art, and image captions.
Screenshot Captor offers many configuration options under the "Edit" - "Preferences" menu (or press Ctrl+P).
* The software can be configured to automatically run on Windows startup.
* Screenshot capture hotkeys can be redefined with different keys supporting different capture types.
* Export file formats can be chosen - JPG, PNG, GIF, TIF, and BMP.
* Screenshots can occur after a short delay, allowing you to press a hot key and then set up a window for capture.
* Borders and drop shadows can be auto-added.
* Special effects can be customized.
Note that according to the license, "This program is FREE for personal use, and can be used forever, without payment, but you must request a freeware license to continue using it without nag messages". To download the software and request a license, visit the following address:
Screenshot Captor - http://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/screenshotcaptor/
Return to the Screen Capture page.
The MalekTips website was created in 1998 by Andrew Malek of Envision Programming. The page's goal is to freely disperse computer-related tips, hints, and informative articles. Tips are organized to be easy to find, and are presented clearly, in easy-to-understand language.