Remove Backups When Fixing Problems
SUMMARY: Go 'without a net' by keeping Spybot Search and Destroy from making backups as it cleans your machine of spyware and adware.
Normally, when Spybot Search and Destroy removes spyware and usage tracks, as well as when it fixes noted internal system problems, it makes backups of these files "for easy recovery" in case of a problem. These can be very useful in providing a safeguard in case removing certain files or changing certain settings causes problems for your machine. However, these backups can take up space, and if you are absolutely sure you know what you are doing, you can tell Spybot Search and Destroy not to make these backups.
To make changes, you must be in Advanced mode. From Spybot Search and Destroy, click "Mode" and select "Advanced Mode" if it is not already selected. Then, click "Settings" and then in the right pane, click "Settings" from there.
Underneath "Main settings", uncheck the following boxes as desired:
* Create backups of fixed spyware problems for easy recovery.
* Create backups of removed usage tracks for easy recovery.
* Create backups of fixed system internal problems for easy recovery.
* Create system restore point when fixing spyware/usage tracks (WinXP only).
* Create system report point when fixing system internals (WinXP only).
Return to the Spybot Search and Destroy page.
blog comments powered by Disqus