Unable to Download Updates Due to Proxy Server
SUMMARY: Configure proxy settings, if necessary, in Spybot Search and Destroy to download updates.
If you are currently unable to download Spybot Search and Destroy updates as you are behind a proxy server, you can add your proxy server information to Spybot to help solve this problem. Note that before starting this change you should get your proxy server information from your system administrator.
1. Click "Mode", selecting "Advanced Mode".
2. Click "Settings" in the left pane.
3. Click "Settings" in the right pane.
4. Under "Automation" - "Web Update", check "Use proxy to connect to update server".
5. A "Proxy settings" dialog will appear, prompting you for the proxy server host and port. If the proxy server needs authentication, you can enter the proxy server user name and password.
6. Click "Ok" to close the dialog box.
Return to the Spybot Search and Destroy page.
blog comments powered by Disqus