SUMMARY: Configure proxy settings, if necessary, in Spybot Search and Destroy to download updates.
If you are currently unable to download Spybot Search and Destroy updates as you are behind a proxy server, you can add your proxy server information to Spybot to help solve this problem. Note that before starting this change you should get your proxy server information from your system administrator.
1. Click "Mode", selecting "Advanced Mode".
2. Click "Settings" in the left pane.
3. Click "Settings" in the right pane.
4. Under "Automation" - "Web Update", check "Use proxy to connect to update server".
5. A "Proxy settings" dialog will appear, prompting you for the proxy server host and port. If the proxy server needs authentication, you can enter the proxy server user name and password.
6. Click "Ok" to close the dialog box.
Return to the Spybot Search and Destroy page.
The MalekTips website was created in 1998 by Andrew Malek of Envision Programming. The page's goal is to freely disperse computer-related tips, hints, and informative articles. Tips are organized to be easy to find, and are presented clearly, in easy-to-understand language.