SUMMARY: Configure Spyware Doctor to automatically keep itself up-to-date to better handle newer spyware, adware, and other malware threats.
Although you can manually search for Spyware Doctor updates, you may find it more convenient to have Spyware Doctor automatically perform this task and download updates for you. This helps ensure you have the latest protection.
To enable automatic Live Update:
1. From within Spyware Doctor, click the "OnGuard" button on the left side.
2. Make sure "Activate OnGuard" is checked.
3. Click "Scheduler".
4. Click the "Live Update" tab.
5. Ensure "Activate Scheduled Live Update" is checked.
6. Next to "Run Live Update at", enter the time when you wish Live Update to run.
7. Select whether to automatically run Live Update daily, weekly, or monthly.
* If you select "Daily", determine whether to run Live Update every day, every couple of days, or every weekday.
* If you select "Weekly", determine the day of the week to run Live Update.
* If you select "Monthly", determine the day of the month to run Live Update. While the default is "30", it is indeterminate if keeping this default will have Live Update run during February as it only has 28 days (29 during leap years).
8. When done, click the "Apply changes" link.
Return to the Spyware Doctor page.
The MalekTips website was created in 1998 by Andrew Malek of Envision Programming. The page's goal is to freely disperse computer-related tips, hints, and informative articles. Tips are organized to be easy to find, and are presented clearly, in easy-to-understand language.