Configure Restricting Site Actions in Internet Explorer
SUMMARY: Allow the actions of websites in Internet Explorer that SpywareBlaster has previously restricted.
Besides protection against ActiveX controls and cookies in Internet Explorer, SpywareBlaster also attempts to restrict actions taken by sites potentially carrying spyware, malware, adware, or those performing potentially-undesirable actions. This is done by placing the sites in Internet Explorer's Restricted Sites list, where (depending on your configuration) such sites will not be able to activate ActiveX Controls, download files to your machine, run Java applets, and more.
Under normal circumstances, you should never need to modify this list. However, if you need to remove this restriction for a particular website that is not displaying correctly in Internet Explorer while keeping the remaining protections intact, and you are SURE the Restricted website is safe, perform this tweak:
(Please read the disclaimer.)
1. From SpywareBlaster, click the "Protection Status" image.
2. Click the "Restricted Sites" link that appears underneath.
3. To disable ALL protections against websites potentially hosting spyware, malware, and adware, or those performing potentially-undesirable actions, uncheck the "Restricted Sites Protection" box (NOT RECOMMENDED!).
5. Or, to disable protection against a particular website, find the its name in the scroll box underneath "Customize the Block List" and uncheck its box.
6. When done, click "Remove Protection for Unchecked Items" to apply your changes.
Later, if you want to re-apply protection against the selected website, repeat the above steps, but check the unprotected site(s) and click "Protect Against Checked Items".
Return to the SpywareBlaster page.
blog comments powered by Disqus