Change Midi Output Device
SUMMARY: Output Midi music to a keyboard or other device in Winamp 5.
If you play Midi files with Winamp 5 and have a complex Midi setup, you may have noticed that, by default, Winamp outputs to the device(s) listed in the Microsoft Midi Mapper. Sometimes this is beneficial, but if you have external keyboards or other Midi playback equipment and you'd rather Winamp 5 output Midi files to another specific device, do the following:
1. Right-click on the Winamp 5 title bar, choosing "Options" - "Preferences".
2. When the "Preferences" dialog appears, click "Input" underneath "Plug-ins".
3. Double-click "Nullsoft Midi Player".
4. When the multi-tabbed configuration dialog appears, click the "Device" tab.
5. Click the pull-down underneath "Device" and choose your desired Midi output device.
6. Click "OK" to close the configuration dialog, then "Close" to close the Winamp Preferences dialog.
Return to the Winamp 5 - Troubleshooting page.
blog comments powered by Disqus