Change Your Account Name
SUMMARY: Change the name Windows 7 displays on the Welcome Screen and Start Menu.
(This tip is geared towards beginners). When you access the Windows 7 Start Menu or view the Welcome screen (if you lock your computer you will see this, for example) your account name is listed. If you wish to change this name, do the following:
1. Click the Start menu.
2. Click on your account image to open the "User Accounts" control panel.
3. Click "Change your account name".
4. If the User Account Control dialog box appears, click "Yes".
5. In the textbox, enter your new account name.
6. Press "Change Name" to change your name, then close the "User Accounts" Control Panel.
Return to the Windows 7 page.
blog comments powered by Disqus