Show or Hide the Taskbar Clock, plus Volume, Network, Power, and Action Center Icons
SUMMARY: Configure whether or not the clock or system icons should appear on the Windows 7 Taskbar.
If you find the Windows 7 Taskbar too cluttered, you can prevent the clock as well as the volume control (speaker), network notification, power level, and/or Action Center icons from appearing. If you often do not need these notifications or functionality:.
1. Near the right side of the Taskbar you should see an upward-pointing arrow. Hover over it and "Show hidden icons" should appear.
2. Click the button and choose "Customize".
3. The "Notification Area Icons" Control Panel window should appear. Near the bottom of the window click "Turn system icons on or off".
4. The window will change to "Turn system icons on or off". Click a pull-down next to a system icon such as "Clock", "Volume" (the speaker), "Network", "Power", and "Action Center" to turn it "On" or "Off".
5. When done, click "OK" to close the dialog box.
Return to the Windows 7 page.
blog comments powered by Disqus