SUMMARY: Clear the history of files opened by Windows Media Player 11.
By default, Windows Media Player 11 keeps a history of the most recently-accessed multimedia files. You can see this history by accessing the file menu - click "Alt", then "F", and read the entries at the bottom of the menu.
For privacy reasons, especially if you share your computer with others, you may not want this history to be kept. To disable this feature, do the following:
1. Press "Alt", "T", and then "O" to access the Options menu.
2. When the "Options" multi-tabbed dialog box appears, select the "Privacy" tab.
3. Uncheck "Save file and URL history in the Player".
4. Click the "Clear History" button.
5. Press "OK" to close the dialog box.
6. Verify the history has been cleared by re-accessing the "File" menu.
Return to the Windows Media Player 11 page.
The MalekTips website was created in 1998 by Andrew Malek of Envision Programming. The page's goal is to freely disperse computer-related tips, hints, and informative articles. Tips are organized to be easy to find, and are presented clearly, in easy-to-understand language.