SUMMARY: Revert your My Computer, My Documents, or Recycle Bin icon on your Windows XP desktop back to the default.
Has the icon for one of the following desktop items changed and you want to revert it back to the default?
* My Computer
* My Documents
* My Network Places
* Recycle Bin (full)
* Recycle Bin (empty)
1. Right-click an empty area of the desktop and choose "Properties".
2. When the "Display Properties" multi-tabbed dialog box appears, click the "Desktop" tab.
3. Click the "Customize Desktop" button.
4. A "Desktop Items" dialog box will appear. Make sure the "General" tab is selected.
5. Choose an icon to change back.
6. Click "Restore Default".
7. Click "OK" on the dialog boxes to close them.
Return to the Windows XP and the Display - Desktop page.
The MalekTips website was created in 1998 by Andrew Malek of Envision Programming. The page's goal is to freely disperse computer-related tips, hints, and informative articles. Tips are organized to be easy to find, and are presented clearly, in easy-to-understand language.