Stop Selecting Entire Words!
SUMMARY: When selecting text in a Word 2010 document, prevent the application from forcing you to select entire words.
If you use the mouse to select text in a Microsoft Word 2010 document, you may notice that after you select one word, preceding or following words are selected automatically as you move the mouse - you cannot select individual letter of the words.
If you tire of this behavior and want more fine-tuning in your text selection without having to use the keyboard to select text, do the following:
1. Select the "File" tab in the Ribbon.
2. The Microsoft Office Backstage View appears. Click the "Options" button.
(Or instead of steps 1 and 2, press Alt + T, then the letter O.)
3. The "Word Options" dialog box appears. Click "Advanced" in the left pane.
4. In the right pane, underneath "Editing options", uncheck "When selecting, automatically select entire word".
5. Click "OK" on the bottom-right of the dialog box to close it.
Return to the Microsoft Word 2010 page.
blog comments powered by Disqus