Easily Open Documents and Settings Folder
SUMMARY: This beats typing in the full path name to your Windows XP account's Documents and Settings folder.
Your Windows XP "Documents and Settings" folder contains all types of useful information about your account, including:
* Desktop icons
* Internet Explorer cookies
* Internet Explorer favorites
* Miscellaneous application data
* "My Documents" folder
* Start Menu settings
Normally, to get to this folder, you must run Explorer and access a folder name similar to "c:\documents and settings\YOUR USER NAME". That's a lot of typing or browsing. Here's an easier way:
1. Click "Start", selecting "Run".
2. When the "Run" dialog box appears, enter a period (.) and press the "OK" button or ENTER on your keyboard.
3. That's it!
Return to the Windows XP and Explorer page.
blog comments powered by Disqus